Here is how I work with gouache. Click the thumbnails for larger images
1. I make some small sketches in pencil and
choose one I like.
2. I scan the sketch in Photoshop and
enlarge it to the size I want and make
3. After printing the sketch, I trace the
image onto the watercolor paper.
4. I outline the final sketch with ink.
5. I make small color studies.
6. I choose a color scheme and then I paint
the final drawing with gouache.
7. I scan the finished painting in Photoshop
and make changes again if necessary.
8. The finished illustration.